Just two weeks left before the event! We want you to be able to build the best products possible despite the time constraints, and that’s why we got you a ton of cool stuff for you to hack with during Startup Weekend Bay Area Makers.
In no specific order, here are the micro-controller boards and development boards we’ll have available:
- Spark Core
- TI Launchpad Tiva C Series EK-TM4C123GXL
- Freescale Freedom Development Platforms FRDM-KL25Z and FRDM-K64F
- Intel Minnowboard
What about machines? We have plenty in stock! We will have staff on hand to operate some of these machines:
- CNC Router
- 4′ x 8′ bed
- Suitable for wood and some plastics
- Laser cutter
- ~36″ x 24″ bed
- Can cut materials up to 1/4″ thick (3/8″ in a pinch)
- Suitable materials: acrylic, acetal, delrin, wood, cardboard, paper, fabric, and more
- 3D Printers
- Makerbot Replicator 2 (prints in PLA and PET only)
- Printrbot Simple (prints in PLA and PET only)
- Afinia 480 (for Saturday only)
- UP! Mini (for Saturday only)
- UP! Plus 2 (for Saturday only)
- [More to come!!]
- Vacuum former
- Vinyl cutter & color printer
- Soldering irons
- Industrial hot glue guns
- Basic hand tools
- Hot wire foam cutter
Last but not least, we’ll provide teams with a stipend to purchase components on Saturday morning.
We’re still working on ensuring that we’ll have everything you need so keep an eye out for more news.
Sign up now if you haven’t already. Tickets are going fast!
Do you already know what you want to build? Email us to let us know what you’ll need so we can accommodate for it.